Ten Simple Ways to Simplify your Days
Ten Simple Ways to Simplify your Days Part I
- Create a calming morning routine. Have the coffee on a timer so it is piping hot when you wake up. Take it back to bed with you and have a few minutes to yourself or in conversation with your partner. Give yourself 10 minutes to wake up with the day.
- Decide on the three things you have to do for the day.
- Get out and walk in the sunshine, eat your fruits and vegetables and drink your water or tea.
- Organize your workspace so you feel uncluttered and free. Go back and focus on the three things you have to do that day.
- Examine your To Do list and if anything cannot be answered “How are you helping me further my goals?” – get rid of it.
- Start moving or subscribing all of your email newsletters, purchases, and “I’ll get to it later reading,” to another email address (i.e. gmail or hotmail) and when you need a pick me up check it out. This will keep your major email box clean and simpler to work with.
- Decide what you are going to have for dinner for 3 days in a row. Shop for the necessary food, ingredient and enjoy the cooking.
- Talk to a friend for ten minutes a day and connect voice to voice. See how great it makes you feel.
- Snuggle up in bed with your partner, kid(s), dog, or a good book. Nothing like a lie down to feel good.
- Cut some flowers from our garden and put it on your desk at work. It will remind you of the simple joys in life.