Tzatziki from Crete
In our latest adventure to Crete, we were served the wonderful Greek dish of Tzatziki for every meal (except breakfast). Following is the very easy dish to make for all occassions.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 gloves of garlic or 22 cc of puree garlic
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- 1/2 table spoon of wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper mixed
- 1/2 kg of natural yogurt or fromage blanc
Wash and dice the cucumer in small pieces (use cuisinart if possible)
Mix in the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
Mix well into the yogurt or fromage blanc
Leave for a bit of time in refrigerator to get cold.
Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables