At our resort in Crete as well as all over the island, Cafe Frappes were served throughout the day. My parents and Jean and I loved these cool whipped coffee drinks and even Zoe-Pascale begged us to make her a coffee-milk version.
Different than Starbucks, high-calorie Frappe, this recipe is lower in calorie and something you can easily make at home.
First, you need to buy a Frappe machine (which Mom bought upon arriving home at Best Buy).
Mix the following in a tall glass:
- 1 teaspoon of nescafe (somehow it needs to be an instant powder for it to work properly)
- About 1-2 tablespoons of cold water (you'll know if it is too much as it will splatter all over)
- sugar or splenda to taste
- mix in Frappe machine until it is all foamy
- Add more water (almost to the top
- Add milk (if you like milk in your coffee)
- Add ice cubes
Lay back and feel the warm ocean breeze and enjoy