Give yourself a special gift this holiday season
Give yourself the gift this holiday season of living your BIG and EVERYDAY DREAMS
Wrap up your BIG DREAMS
If you don’t think big or beyond no one will do it for you. You are creating your life and dreams both consciously and unconsciously, whether you like it or not. Step into your dreams this holiday and give yourself the gift of envisioning what can be.
The word “BIG” by the way is relative and defined differently by everyone. The one distinguishing factor is it will take longer to realize than most things you do, will take some work and effort, and is worth it.
The question to ask yourself this next month is; “What is it you truly want to do or be that you are willing to put effort and energy towards?”
If you can answer this, you probably have the essence of what you truly are dreaming of in life. Write it, draw it, and talk about it. Make it real!
WRAP UP YOUR DREAM AND GIVE IT TO YOURSELF AS A GIFT THIS YEAR
Make it real by drawing a picture of the dream, write it in a journal or talk it into a recorder. Then, buy the most gorgeous wrapping paper you can find and wrap it up in a box as though it was a diamond necklace or a precious stone of some kind. Write your name on the card and place it in a predominant place with your other holiday gifts.
On the day you celebrate gift giving – give yourself this gift of your dreams.
Everyday dreams are often viewed as extravagances, waste of time, or selfish activities we engage in. It is time to turn that around, Everyday dreams are about taking care of you and your loved ones and living a happy, healthy, and joyful life everyday.
- What do you wish you could NOT DO everyday? If there is one thing you just don’ want to do, than stop doing it. Find someone else (who doesn’t mind) to do it, hire someone, or just don’t do it.
- What small pleasure do you wish you had time for everyday? A walk, a cup of coffee in the morning, 20 minutes to read a book. Once you decide what it is you can find a way to make it happen. Give your self the gift of a pleasure a day.
- Everyday do something that makes someone else happy? Giving to others can also bring us great pleasure. Pick a person a day and do one nice thing for them. Draw their bath, rub their back, call them on the phone and tell them you love them.
- Say NO to time suckers, activities or obligations that leave you feeling drained. Everyday, practice saying “No” to some request for your time and attention. One simple way to start practicing this is to delete and unsubscribe from emails that ask for your attention, don’t answer the phone if you don’t feel like talking or say “No” to an activity that doesn’t fit within the lifestyle you want to live.
- Give yourself one free day of obligations, schedules, and activities. Be spontaneous and do what you feel like doing in the moment. Give this gift to your entire family for the holidays. One day a week (or a month if a week is too much) is Spontaneous – Free – No Obligation Day
GIVE YOURSELF THE GIFT OF BIG AND EVERYDAY DREAMS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!