My Sister sent me this recipe and it is fantastic and easy.. My French guests loved it!!! and believe or not they have saltines (called Table Crackers) here in France
*Makes approximately 40 pieces; I doubled the recipe and made it on two cookie sheets; ended up with 2 platters of goodies! It is easy and yummy!
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
12. oz. semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup. chopped nuts (I used peanuts, but you can use pecans, walnuts, etc.)
Parchment paper (a must)!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place crackers in one layer on parchment lined baking sheet with sides.
3. Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes,
4. Pour butter/sugar mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate morsels. When they start
to melt, spread evenly over entire layer of crackers.
7. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
8. Put in oven with temperature off for a minute or two to let chocolate melt.
9. Refrigerate for one hour or more.
10. Remove from refrigerator and crack into pieces.
Pack in a cute container or holiday tray for great gifts (favorite buyers, mailman, nanny, maid, neighbor, manicurist, hair stylist, boss, friend, significant other, husband, wife).
Note: this recipe is from Stacy Keibler (Dancing with the Stars). She said, "When people find out they're made with saltine crackers, they can't believe it".